Explore the Beauty & Hidden Gems
Get off the beaten track and visit Sligo, hidden gems dotted throughout the South and West Sligo in the Northwest of Ireland, on the Wild Atlantic Way. From the glories of Loughs Talt, Gara and Arrow to the magnificent 5000 year old Carrowkeel Megalithic Tombs; from the ancient Ox Mountains to the crashing waves of Enniscrone; South & West Sligo is filled with mystery and adventure. Take part in a “trad” session in the heart of the Irish traditional music scene; learn to surf or SUP; visit the grand country houses set in verdant pastures; Sligo is just waiting to be explored.
Start Planning Your Visit
Ten Activities to Explore
1. Go Hill Walking: Explore Ox Mountains, Sligo Way, Rathscanlon, Knocknashee, Miners Way, Keash, Enniscrone and Lough Easkey Walks.
2. Visit World Class Beaches at Enniscrone and Dunmoran
3. Watch the Eagles Soar at Eagles Flying (Ballymote) See the majestic birds of prey at Irelands largest raptor centre.
4. Take to the Water to Learn Stand Up Paddling/Canoe/Kayak (Lough Talt, Templehouse). Experience the unspoiled beauty of Lough Talt from the water or try Archery
5. Megalithic Sligo: Visit Carrowkeel, Heapstown, Knocknashee. Visit the 5,000 year old tombs that are older than the pyramids
6. Learn to Surf in Enniscrone or Easkey
7. Enjoy Irish Music, see our brochure for the weekly gig guide
8. Attend a Traditional Irish Festival (heritage and craft, music, drama, dancing…)
9. Go Golfing in Tubbercurry, Ballymote, Castle Dargan and Enniscrone on Wild Atlantic Way
10. Enjoy Horse Riding at Woodlands Equestrian Centre or Banada Stables
Festival Fun & Activities – All Year Round
A host of festivals in Sligo year round. Enjoy Irish music, heritage and crafts, drama, storytelling, music or learn an instrument.